While browsing freshpatents.com for software patents, I happened upon Patent Application #20120226507, which seeks to patent a system for moving patient beds from one room to another. The claims:
- A system for the facilitation of bed transitions in health care system comprising:
- a vendor network subsystem,
- a bed transitions subsystem and
- a nurse realty subsystem
- A web based application for the facilitation of bed transitions in health care systems comprising:
- a web browser
- an application generating a webpage
- an application for generating a bed transition system.
To me, this seems pretty obvious technology. While I am unable to find a directly analogous software package, there are numerous patient management systems in existence, which manage the patient experience as well as handle doctor/nurse scheduling.
Some examples of patient/inpatient management systems:
- NextGen (http://www.nextgen.com/EHR)
- Epic InPatient Clinicals (http://www.epic.com/software-inpatient.php)
InPatient Clinicals seems to be very close to the patent's description. Does anyone know of a more exact prior art example?