Check out Google Patents for full details about this particular application.
"Method and System for Weight Management"
BASIC APPLICATION DATA:
- App Number: 13/466661
- Publication Number: US20120225162 A1
- Assignee: Scott A. Mann Enterprises Llc
- Prior Art Cutoff Date: June 15, 2004
- Availability for Challenge: Open Until March 6, 2013
- AIA window: CLOSED
US Patent Application #20120225162 describes a weight management method. I'm reasonably sure the claims below correlate with advice I've seen for years in various "women's interest" magazines, in a number of diet books (including Weight Watchers guides), and even the USDA nutrition guide.
1. A method for managing weight, comprising the steps of: eating at least five meals a day with each meal comprising one serving of a vegetable or a fruit, a complex carbohydrate, and a lean protein for a predetermined number of calories per meal at ranges of 25-35% protein, 50-55% carbohydrate, 15-20% fat with a predetermined range of grams of fiber, wherein said predetermined range of calories is about 300 calories or is about 450 calories; losing weight by said eating at least five meals a day; and optimizing body composition by said eating at least five meals a day, [etc.]
Are you familiar with technology similar to that described in this patent application?
If so, please submit evidence of that prior art as an answer below. Please submit only one piece of prior art per answer below. We welcome multiple prior art proposals from the same individual; please create separate answers for each one. This is so the community can vet each individual piece of prior art independently.
For details about what makes good prior art, please see our FAQ.
If you'd like to contribute in another way, please vote or comment on submissions made below. And we welcome you to post your own request for prior art if you know of another questionable patent or patent application.