Microsoft's application aims to patent:
Methods and systems for style and/or layout caching of Web content are usable to build reusable style caching trees and cacheable layout calculations. Such style caching trees may be used to avoid recalculating style content of Web pages for document object model (DOM) elements that have not changed. Additionally, the cacheable layout calculations may be used to avoid recalculating the layout content of Web pages that are subsequently accessed.
Claim 1 is:
A computer-implemented method comprising: performed by one or more processors executing computer-readable instructions:
- receiving a Web page file;
- parsing the Web page file to create a document object model (DOM) tree comprising DOM tree nodes;
- constructing a style caching tree comprising structure information of the DOM tree;
- storing the style caching tree in a memory;
- constructing a render tree comprising render objects based at least in part on the structure information of the DOM tree;
- performing a layout calculation for render objects;
- and storing the layout calculation results in the memory.
Can prior art be demonstrated from the WebKit and Gecko source trees from several years ago?