I was wondering whether there was sufficient prior art for some of the patents that Microsoft is using in (what I consider) strong-arming Android manufacturers? Most of those seem to have been resolved under NDA, but here's some information from the Barnes & Noble case and the just-completed Motorola case in Germany.
- #US7,411,582: "Soft input panel system and method", Issued Aug 12, 2008
- #US6,891,551: “Selection handles in editing electronic documents.” Issued May 10, 2005
- #US5,778,372: “Remote retrieval and display management of electronic document with incorporated images.” Issued July 7, 1998.
- #US6,957,233: “Method and apparatus for capturing and rendering annotations for non-modifiable electronic content.” Issued Oct. 18, 2005.
- #US7,411,582: "Soft input panel system and method." Issue date: Aug 12, 2008