HELP SAVE STREAMING RADIO - This application seeks to patent a system for discovering new radio stations and podcasts online! Help narrow US patent applications before they become patents HERE
QUESTION - Have you seen anything that was published before Nov, 2008 that discusses:
- Creating a list of Internet radio station programs; and
- dynamically categorizing this list of programs by mapping a dynamically identified topic to a content classifier;
If so, please submit evidence of prior art as an answer to this question. Only one piece of prior art per answer below. We welcome multiple answers from the same individual
EXTRA CREDIT - A reference to anything that meets all of the criteria to the question above AND ALSO uses speech-to-text conversion on audio content.
TITLE: System And Method For Internet Radio Station Program Discovery
Summary: [Translated from Legalese into English] A service for discovering Internet radio station programs. A list of Internet radio station programs is obtained. Each program on the list is categorized by mapping a topic to a program using a content classifier. User can discover new programs of interest from the list of programs based on the categories.
- Publication Number: US 20130110502 A1
- Assignee: Lemi Technology, LLC
- Prior Art Date: Seeking prior Art predating November, 2008
- Open for Challenge at USPTO: Open through Nov 2, 2013
- Note: This application is a continuation of US Patent 8,359,192. The applicant is attempting to “improve” the claims with this child patent by writing new (evidently broader) claims while retaining the original 2008 priority date. So prior art should predate November, 2008.
Claim 1 requires each and every step below:
A method comprising:
Obtaining a plurality of Internet radio station programs;
For each Internet radio station program of the plurality of Internet radio station programs, dynamically categorizing the Internet radio station program by mapping a dynamically identified topic of the Internet radio station program to a content classifier; and
Enabling a user to discover an Internet radio station program of interest from the plurality of Internet radio station programs based on the dynamic categorizations for the plurality of Internet radio station programs.
In English this means:
- Creating a list of internet radio station programs
- “Dynamically categorizing” this list of programs by mapping a “dynamically identified topic” to a content classifier; and
- Allowing the user to discover programs from the list based on the “dynamic categorization” (presumably created by the classifier)
Good prior art would be evidence of a system that did each and every one of these steps prior to the November, 2008.
You're probably aware of ten pieces of art that meet this criteria already... separately, the applicant is claiming a method using all of the steps above and including speech-to-text conversion to categorize the radio station programs. Extra credit would include systems that do all of the steps above and also involve speech-to-text conversion.
"Internet Radio Station program discovery service" flow chart from the Applicant
What is good prior art? Please see our FAQ.
Want to help? Please vote or comment on submissions below. We welcome you to post your own request for prior art on other questionable US Patent Applications.