Ask Patents is a question and answer site for people interested in improving and participating in the patent system. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I wondering if there's a service you use to print patent entries in a decorative/commerative manner - full text and images. My grandfather submitted US3281099 and I thought if I can have a 'keepsake' copy made it would be a nice gift to my mom.

share|improve this question

As far as I know the USPTO does not does sell commemorative patent plaques. However, there are a number of companies which will create engraved plaques and various other certificates based on US Patents.

Start with a Google Search.

We have had good luck creating gifts for friends with patents engraved on metal and mounted on solid walnut from a company called

share|improve this answer
While @ryan is asking about an old patent, I think it is worth stating for others that several of these companies specifically advertise to new patent recipients. If you obtain a patent, you will get (very official-looking) mail congratulating you and offering to sell plaques, certificates, or other displayable items. – mbmcavoy Dec 12 '13 at 0:40

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.