AN OVERBROAD PATENT ON Managing applications on mobile devices - This patent seeks to patent the idea of...monitoring and controlling an application on a mobile device! 10 minutes of your time can help narrow US patent applications before they become patents. Follow @askpatents on twitter to help.
This patent, US 8,271,057, described as
Condition-based activation, shut-down and management of applications of mobile devices
seems to describe many applications that run on a mobile device and respond to services the operating system provides (like location services).
Priority Date: Seeking Prior Art which predates Mar 16, 2009
A method comprising:
based on one or more collected information items, Determining whether or not a condition related to a mobile device is true; and
Controlling a monitored application of the mobile device in response to the determination and according to usage patterns of the monitored application to perform at least one of:
- activating the monitored application;
- shutting down the monitored application;
- activating a feature of the monitored application;
- deactivating a feature of the monitored application; and
- switching the monitored application from a first mode of operation to a second, different, mode of operation.