I know there are a lot debate about it. Even in USA, a country very well know to be patent friend, have not sure if softwares are patentable.
But how is the interpretation to allow software patents?
I am "assuming" here that:
- Software is a computer program.
- Computer program is a coded (set of) algorithm which a "computer" can execute to perform a specified task.
- An algorithm is a computational process which can be defined by a Turing machine
Additionally, we can "consider":
- A computer is a restricted type of machine, a "discrete deterministic device" that can blindly follow some instructions.
- Any computer program can be embedded directly in computer hardware. Also, a computer program can be coded in any general purpose language such as general purpose hardware description language.