This application from Samsung seeks to patent a method for using one type of wireless connection, such as Bluetooth, to setup a second wireless connection such as Wi-Fi Direct. 10 minutes of your time can help narrow this US patent application before it becomes a patent.
QUESTION - Have you seen anything that was published before 2013-Apr-16 that describes:
- using one wireless protocol to setup a second wireless connection
- using Bluetooth to setup a Wi-Fi Direct connection
If you've ever seen anything like this before, please submit evidence of prior art as an answer to this question — one piece of prior art per answer. We welcome multiple answers from a single individual.
Title: Communication control method and electronic device implementing the same
Summary: A method for communicating with an electronic device. The method includes establishing a communication channel between two devices and sending data through that channel in order to establish a second communication channel. This could include, for example, using Bluetooth to setup a Wi-Fi direct connection for transmitting image data from a smartphone to a tv.
- Publication Number: US20140308898 (NOTE: Not available on Google Patent as of 2015-Jan-28)
- App Number: 14/254,860
- Assignee: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Prior Art Date: Seeking prior Art predating 2013-Apr-16
- Open for Challenge at USPTO: Open through ~2015-Apr-16.
Claim 1 requires each and every step below:
A communication control method comprising:
- establishing, at a source device, a preliminary channel via a first communications module;
- communicating data for establishing a communication channel through the preliminary channel, the communication channel being established via a second communication module; and
- establishing the communication channel via the second communication channel.
Good prior art would be evidence of a system that did each and every one of these steps prior to 2013-Apr-16.
What is good prior art? Please see the FAQ.
Want to help? Please vote or comment on submissions below. We welcome you to post your own request for prior art on other questionable US Patent Applications.
Prior art cited by applicants: KR 10-2008-0071379 KR 10-2013-009088