Is there a way to find someone that makes an item with a certain patent number?

Specifically, I'm looking for the product described in patent number 4,455,711.

2 Answers 2


There is no guarantee that the device described in any particular patent has ever been manufactured and sold. However, when there is a company listed as the assignee or applicant, then the most reasonable place to start is looking at the products produced by that company. In this case, the assignee is Hartwell Corporation. Its website is http://www.hartwellcorp.com. It looks like they make products for the aircraft industry and may not produce consumer products. Their website includes contact information so that is where you should follow up next.


Looks like it's being offered in this catalog: http://www.marek.eu/data/katalogy/776-cz-produkty_b-southco-b-uzaviraci-a-spojovaci-technika_panty_volne-otocne-panty_odnimatelne-panty_vnitrni-volne-odnimatelne-panty-f6-blokovatelne.pdf

  • Similar, but not the same device. Serves a similar purpose though. Southco is the manufacturer and their website is: southco.com/en-us.
    – Eric S
    Commented Mar 22, 2017 at 19:43
  • Well, they have part no. F6-35-1 labeled with the patent number in the OP, but I've not actually compared it to the patent. Commented Mar 23, 2017 at 20:54
  • That part is different than your link, and it is listed as "discontinued". F6-35-1 does look like what is in the patent however. Perhaps you could update your answer specifying the part number and then linking to Southco's website.
    – Eric S
    Commented Mar 23, 2017 at 21:00
  • Also, I should have scrolled down and I would have seen the part you meant.
    – Eric S
    Commented Mar 23, 2017 at 21:02

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .