I know that for a US patent I have to go on public pair to check the exchange between the patent examiner and patent attorney or inventor. But I'm looking for the same data for a german patent. I think it should be on espacenet, but I'm not able to figure it out.


At the depatisnet register. https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/Uebersicht?lang=en Search for the patent number then you can find the documents.


I got the answer, it seems to be not public.

  • I'm happy to hear you found an answer! May I ask where you found that documented? It would be useful to include a brief citation so future visitors with your same question can read more into the answer. Jun 22 '16 at 17:30
  • DPMA (Deutches Patent- und Markenamnt) register is the "equivelant" of public pair. I haven't used it much, but I consider it user friendly. Select "file inspection" for the examination documents. Sep 12 '16 at 6:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.