I made an eFiling for a provisional patent application while unregistered. Can I now register myself and link that filing to my USPTO account? I have found that it would be useful to have an account to make a minor change to the filing.

  • 2
    Have you considered calling the USPTO to ask? It may be a situation where their support team might be able to help.
    – Maca
    Jul 25 '17 at 2:31

Yes. In a USPTO pdf it states -

"Once you have your Customer Number, you must also associate your current patent applications with it. . . . - Download and complete the Customer Number Upload Spreadsheet

To get more information and to download this form you can go to Electronic Business Center. People at the EBC are very helpful for this type of question. 571-272-4100. They are available by phone from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight, Eastern Time, Monday through Friday

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.