I need to file an extension on my patent, for the patent review process. The examiner told me there is a nominal $100.00 fee to accomplish this. Please direct me to the appropriate form and mechanics for accomplishing this.

  • 1
    Can’t you just ask the examiner? – Eric Shain Jan 8 '18 at 16:27
  • @EricShain ideally the examiner should have provided that, but I could see, re: the lapse, not wanting to bug the examiner. ;) – DukeZhou Jan 11 '18 at 21:37

I assume you are looking for a one month extension of time for responding to an office action. The fee for this for a small entity is $100.

The form can be found at the USPTO.

Fill this out then file it at the USPTO.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    It isn't necessary to pay the time extension fee until the actual substantive response is filed. – George White Jan 9 '18 at 5:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.