I am a private person, I do not own any company / business. I just realized recently I have some ideas worth patenting (worth = my own evaluation, hopefully objective). I will not be able to create products based on them, but they can be used by current businesses quite easily.
- I know that registering patents can be very expensive;
- I read some articles that some company (ies) do not do research about prior conflicting patents, leaving the job to the patents office;
- I would not mind to have my patents cancelled in case prior patents exist on the same subject;
- I would not mind paying "symbolic" fees, but I certainly do not afford paying tens of thousands of dollars for each patent, in each country;
- I know that different countries have different laws;
- I only have generic information about what is involved.
Is it possible to register patents "cheaply"? How cheap? What would be the procedure (overview)?
I do not need the most extensive answer, just some (minimal) guidance. I did not find a similar question here when I searched.