I forgot to number my claims and they asked for the required items (below).
Required items: Replacement claim(s) commencing on a separate sheet in compliance with 37 CFR 1.75(h) and 1.121 is required. Claims must be consecutively numbered and the same claim number cannot be used for more than one claim. See 37 CFR 1.126.
- I added [Claim 1] and [Claim 2] to the start of each claim paragraph.
- I sent a PDF of the corrected claims page. It was a single page and the only changes were the added numbers.
- The PDF was sent through EFS-Web.
Notice of Incomplete Reply: I received this notice a few days later and it stated the exact same problem, (see above).
- Could the problem be [Claim 1] should be ? Although I've seen [Claim 1] on other applications online.
- The original request did not mention needing any sort of "Amendments to the Specification" document but I've seen something like this mentioned on this website. Could this be the problem? What/Where is this requirement stated?
- If it was a lack of "Amendments to the Specification" document wouldn't it have also stated that this was another requirement in addition to the original numbering problem?
Thanks for all your help!