Title Computer system for creating and playing location aware games
Publication number US20070087828 A1
The wording of this patent application: US20070087828 leads me to believe that any location aware game would be doing what it claims, such as Global Outbreak or even Geocaching. Is this the case or am I interpreting this patent too broadly?
The first independent claim of US20070087828:
Computer system for creating and playing location aware games comprising:
- computing device with display;
- plurality of virtual effects having size and interaction rules;
- a user interface to permit a user to select and view a gameboard based off of an inputted location and assign virtual effects to locations within the gameboard;
- a storage means for storing said gameboard and said plurality of virtual effects;
- a second user interface to permit a user to view said gameboard and said plurality of virtual effects while playing a game;
- a controller to control the location of one or more virtual effects during game play based on input from at least one of the following: a computer mouse, a screen stylus and a location receiver;
- a timing device used by the controller to establish cadence of play.