New answers tagged


Priority, internationally, is under the Paris Convention. It has nothing to do with the idea of a provisional application, although a US provisional can as as a priority document under Paris. The number will be the application number of a French patent application. I would look it up in Espacenet at


Yes I suggest - "This application is a continuation-in-part of co-pending application ZZ/YYYYY filed on ZZ/Z/ZZZZ and claims the benefit of provisional application XX/YYYYY filed on XX/X/XXXX."

Top 50 recent answers are included