I invented formulation. provisional patent application filed. if my ex-employee stolen it and misused, what I can do to save from infringement.

2 Answers 2


Given you filed the provisional application then you can follow that up with a non-provisional within 12 months. Hopefully this gets granted and you can then sue the ex-employee. In any case the particulars matter so you would be well advised to discuss this with your patent lawyer.


In addition to your future patent protection, an employee ordinarily has duties to their employer that their actions may have breached so you may have more immediate remedies than waiting a few years for a patent to be issued.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .