I received the First Office Action from my patent attorney but I do not want to use him anymore, how can I deal with USPTO directly and what should I do?

1 Answer 1


how can I deal with USPTO directly?

You can have your attorney file paperwork to withdraw as the attorney or record - then its all you.

what should I do?

I would recommend finding another registered practitioner - this is very hard to do yourself unless the office action allowed multiple important claims.

  • +1. A lot can happen after the First Office Action and having a competent attorney helps tremendously.
    – Eric S
    Jan 13, 2020 at 22:49

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .